The Station looking for a self-motivated animator who can handle both the artistic elements of animation as well as the technical requirements that facilitate it. Our ideal candidate is comfortable with building his own rigs and helper functions to optimize both his and the 3D team’s workflow. A good understanding of body mechanics, follow-through and animation principles in general is expected. You’ll also be expected to create time estimates and plan for the studio’s animation needs across multiple projects of varying scope as well as communicate those needs with our associate producers, 3D team and audio engineer.
- Character and object set-up for our various projects, including rigging, skinning, keyframe animation and import to engine
- Ownership of the animation area including planning, time management and communication across disciplines
- Offer support to the 3D modelling team in regards to tools and optimization.
- You have minimum 2 years of experience working as an Animator
- Extensive rigging and skinning knowledge
- Experience working in Autodesk Maya & Unity.
- Proficient understanding of character mechanics and animation pipelines/workflows
- Experience scripting in Python or MEL
- You’re an open and clear communicator with strong problem solving skills
- Fluent in both written and spoken English
- Love for games and bringing models to life
Additional skills and traits
- Dynamic thinking – able to adapt to new requirements and tools with an open mindset
- Technical art, such as shaders, tools, pipeline improvement
- Knowledge of Unreal Engine and/or MotionBuilder
- Experience in 3D modelling, sculpting, and texture authoring is a plus
Send your application along with your CV, personal letter and portfolio/showreel link to email@example.com
Note: Only EU citizens. Position is full-time (100%) at our offices in Karlshamn, Sweden.